The Bendigo Junior Braves is the representative program of the Bendigo Basketball Association and the City of Bendigo. The Bendigo Junior Braves have 20 teams competing in Country Victoria across three divisions in five different age groups in both Boys and Girls competitions. The under 12 and 14 boys and girls teams compete in Division 1, Division 2 and the Development League. The under 16, 18 and 20 boys and girls teams compete in Division 1 and Division 2.
Throughout its history the Junior Braves Program has assisted the development of players to National and Intermational level. Players such as Kristi Harrower, Matt Dellavedova and Kevin Probert to name just a few have worn the green and gold or played professionally overseas.
Objectives of the Junior Braves:
1. To provide all players with the opportunity to represent Bendigo at the highest level.
2. To continue to maintain our commitment towards becoming the strongest and most fundamentally sound representative squad program in Australia.
3. To provide all players with the opportunity to develop their skills in a safe, friendly, productive and enjoyable learning environment.
4. To develop a solid foundation of individual skills for the future development of basketball in the region.
5. To provide all players with a high standard of coaching and instruction.
6. To provide all players with high quality and well-structured training sessions.
7. To provide all Coaches with guidance and opportunities to improve their skills.